Wined and Dined by AmaWaterways – new wine tour hosts for 2021
River cruises and wine go hand in hand, with Europe’s biggest rivers cutting through some of the world’s most popular wine regions. AmaWaterways is no stranger to the world of wine, hosting over 60 Celebration of Wine river tours throughout Europe. With itineraries focusing on Europe’s most renowned wine regions, and including cellar tours, pairing evenings, and tasting experiences, AmaWaterways provide unmatched river cruise wine tourism experiences. The line recently announced their new wine tour hosts for 2021 – a selection of wine experts, winery owners, and winemakers.
New Wine Tour Hosts
The new wine tour hosts for 2021 include:
- Dr. Douglas Garman, wine expert, Europa Village Winery – sailing on the July 8th Impressions of the Seine & Paris
- Jason McClain, Owner, McClain Winery – sailing on the August 5th Essence of Burgundy & Provence
- L. Paul Vezzetti II, Co-Owner, The Vineyard at Hersey – sailing on the August 12th Essence of Burgundy & Provence
- Peter Marks, Master of Wine – sailing on the November 4th Impressions of the Seine & Paris
- Kevin Gott, wine expert and educator, Wente Vineyards – sailing on the November 11th Essence of Burgundy & Provence
See here for a full list of 2021 wine tour hosts.
The tour hosts are responsible for directing wine tastings, leading exclusive vineyard tours, and pairing wines with dinner, immersing guests in the world of wine.
Want more on AmaWaterways’ river cruise offerings? Check out our interview with AmaWaterways Naval Architect Lauren West in the Industry Insights paper below…
Across AmaWaterways’ varied itineraries, guests are able to visit Austria’s historic Burg Clam, wander through France’s 14th-century Chateau de Montaigne, learn how to pair wines with various foods such as chocolate, olives, and apricots, and are treated to paired dinners both onshore and on-ship, amongst other exclusive treats. AmaWaterways’ Executive Vice-President and Co-Founder, Kristin Karst, told Porthole Magazine of the tours:
AmaWaterways are also introducing two new itineraries for 2021, Essence of Burgundy & Provence and Impressions of the Seine & Paris. In the first itinerary, the guest is treated to seven nights cruising the Rhine and Saone, visiting Lyons, Avignon, Tournos, and more along the way for walking tours, biking tours, wine tastings, and food pairings. For the second, the ship leaves Paris to sail down the Seine, stopping off at Vernon, Le Havre, Mantes-la-Jolie, and other French towns, while the guest is treated to educational talks, wine tastings, and more.