Introducing… Cruise Conversations
Here at Cruise Ship Hospitality Expo and Cruise Ship Interiors Expo, we’ve been hard at work (from home) getting ready to launch our new webinar series. Video chats between team members have been countless, emails and messages have been in the thousands, and a large quantity of instant coffee has been consumed – the team are missing the office’s luxury coffee machine! So without further ado, say hello to…
…Cruise Conversations! Focusing on the key questions, topics, and issues of the moment, Cruise Conversations is the place to go for insights into the cruise industry that you won’t find anywhere else. Presented in a webinar format, Cruise Conversations will feature the brightest, most creative and innovative minds in the cruise design and hospitality industries, from key players at the cruise lines, to top designers, shipbuilders, outfitters, and hospitality professionals.
“I’m very excited to introduce Cruise Conversations to the world. We want to encourage as much community connection as possible – this is a time where we all need to pull together, and the cruise industry is no exception. Ensuring we’re having conversations around the key issues and questions in the industry in these tough times will establish a basis upon which the cruise industry can grow and come back stronger. Cruise Conversations provides a platform for the community to communicate.”Toby Walters, CEO, Cruise Ship Interiors Expo/Cruise Ship Hospitality Expo
Cruise Conversations Ep.1 – COVID-19: Putting a Positive Spin on the Elephant in the Room
On 21st April 2020, at 1pm EST, Episode One of Cruise Conversations will dive straight into the deep end, looking at the cruise community response to the global coronavirus outbreak.
- My Nguyen – Seabourn
- Petu Kummala – Carnival Cruise Line
- Mike Oliver – Trimline
- Toby Walters – Cruise Ship Interiors Expo/Cruise Ship Hospitality Expo (moderator)
- Community – in times of crisis, how does the cruise industry pull together? What have we seen in terms of support from the design community?
- Stability – How can the cruise and design communities continue to pull together to ensure stability in uncertain times?
- The Gift of Time – is time for reflection and collaboration an unexpected upside of the global outbreak?
- Into a brighter future – where will the cruise industry go from here? How can the cruise and design communities think outside the box to guide the industry into where it needs to go next?
We’re all too aware that the vast majority of the information you will be digesting day-to-day at the moment will be COVID-19-based. As such, we will be ensuring that the topics for Cruise Conversations will also vary outside of COVID-19.
The webinar series will explore major topics in cruise interior design, such as the sustainability question, IMO certifications, and flexible spaces; and key hospitality topics, such as culinary trends, food waste onboard, and digital guest experiences.
Closer to the weeks of our Expo’s, we will ensure that our exhibitors are fully prepared for the shows with a series of preparatory instructional webinars, where we’ll run through everything you’ll need to make sure you have as successful as show as possible.